There are many tree options offered by The Living Urn to honor a loved one and grow memorial tree with ashes outdoors. But, what if you live in an apartment, condo, or are renting a home and plan on moving soon and want a tree memorial? There are still a number of great options available to you. One option is to contact Memory Forest to see about tree burial at memorial gardens, cemeteries and green burial grounds in your area. Another very popular option is to simply reach out to your local city, parks, church or other special place to get permission to plant at their location. Now, we have third great option for families that is growing in popularity – it’s The Living Urn Indoors / Patio which gives you the beauty of nature inside your home or on a patio to memorialize a loved one!
The Living Urn Indoors / Patio is made from premium, high quality porcelain and comes in three colors - white, blue and beige. This unique plant urn and tree urn has a special space for your loved one’s ashes and can be planted with one of the five beautiful and hardy bonsai trees offered by The Living Urn. It can also be planted with a house plant or bonsai tree from your local nursery, or used with cut flowers. This beautiful urn which allows families to give back and honor a loved is growing in popularity in the United States and all over the world!
Why Families Choose Bonsai Urns & Indoor Plant Urns
Below we’ve highlighted a few of the many reasons families choose a Living Urn Indoors / Patio for their loved one’s memorial.
- Appearance - after a person is cremated, the ashes are typically placed inside a standard or more traditional urn (typically made from metal or ceramic) which reminds many people of death. While we gradually do accept the passing of our loved one, we may not want to be reminded daily with such a traditional urn and urn shape. The Living Urn Indoors/Patio is different and does not look like a standard cremation urn. It’s a patented system with a unique shape that looks like a lovely planter pot and fits easily on a table or counter where your bonsai tree or house plant will live and grow from the center of the urn can be on full display!
- Portable - the special indoor plant urn makes it easy for you to bring your family member’s memorial with you wherever you go. It’s compact (measuring 9” in diameter and 9” in height), hand cast in beautiful porcelain ceramics and will give your family lasting memories.
- Variety of Tree and Plant Options - plant a bonsai tree inside your home or on the patio with this beautiful urn. We offer a number of bonsai trees that can be grown indoors or on a covered patio or balcony without any concern of the outside weather. The bonsai trees are planted in the center of urn and will grow for many decades with proper loving care. In addition, many families choose to purchase a favorite house plant at their local nursery or store to plant with the urn. This provides even more flexibility on the type of memorial you can have for your loved one.
- Flower Option - for those who love the appearance of flowers, you have the flexibility to use the center of the indoor urn as a vase for flowers. Display your favorite roses, orchids, tulips, lilies, daisies and other flowers of your choosing!
- Multiple Memorials - share the memories of your loved one with other family members by dividing the ashes and growing a bonsai tree or house plant in an indoor cremation urn in each home. This brings even more loving memories with more than one beautiful, green living memorials growing in honor of a loved one.
Tree & Plant Options
There are hundreds of options available to plant with The Living Urn Indoors / Patio. Below are examples of the bonsai trees The Living Urn offers with its special indoor/patio urn.
- Ficus Retusa Bonsai Tree Urn - the Ficus Retusa, also referred to as a Banyan Fig, shows off its small, dark green leaves that alternate up its beautiful stems. Its bark can be grey to a red color and it has small markings, which resemble a tiger. The Ficus Retusa is famous for its large trunks that have a traditional bonsai curve. This is one of the easiest bonsais to grow indoors and it can also be planted outdoors above fifty degrees Fahrenheit.
- Braided Money Bonsai Tree Urn - the famous 'Money Tree' is a beautiful bonsai that is considered to bring good luck and good fortune. It is also believed to generate positive energy (“Chi” or “Qi”) throughout the home. Given this, it is a popular tree for “Feng Shui”. One of the most tolerant bonsai trees, the Braided Money Bonsai is planted indoors and can live and thrive for years in a variety of conditions.
- Hawaiian Umbrella Bonsai Tree Urn - did your loved one enjoy visiting the islands? The Hawaiian Umbrella Bonsai can add a tropical feeling to your home and serves as a great memorial option! Its leaves are a glossy dark green and are shaped like an umbrella to form a thick canopy. Another great indoor option to grow a living memory of a loved one!
- Traditional Windswept Juniper Bonsai Tree Urn - the Windswept Juniper Bonsai Tree is a dwarf form of the juniper that originates from Japan and has become a common evergreen in the United States. This special bonsai tree is extremely hardy and can live for a very long time. It can be planted in a with the urn on a patio or in a garden.
- Trained Tiered Juniper Bonsai Tree Urn - the Trained Tiered Juniper Bonsai Tree is the most popular bonsai in the world. When we think of a traditional bonsai, we think of a Trained Tiered Juniper. This special tree can live for hundreds of years and will tolerate a variety of different conditions. An excellent tree for the beginner, plant the Trained Tiered Juniper Bonsai outdoors on a patio or in a garden to memorialize a loved one!
House Plant and Flower Option
The Living Urn Indoors / Patio can also be planted with a house plant or used with cut flowers in the center of the urn.
- House Plant Urn - growing a house plant from the center of the indoor cremation urn is a very popular option. Most people don’t have experience with bonsai trees, but almost everybody has had a house plant. These are widely available at nurseries, hardware stores, and even grocery stores. It’s a beautiful memorial option that can grow and thrive in the urn for many years to come.
- Flower Urn - planting cut flowers in the center of The Living Urn Indoors is also a very popular option that can add an array of colors to your home. Switch the flowers out every once in a while and continue to enjoy their beauty year-round!
Available for Both, People and Pets
While most people have heard of this special indoor urn for people, many don’t realize there’s also an indoor plant urn for pets. You can place your beloved pet’s ashes in the urn and grow a beautiful and enduring bonsai tree, plant or flower memorial indoors or on the patio! Grow a living memory and cherish this special memorial for many years to come.
How an Indoor Tree Urn or Indoor Plant Urn Works
The process to plant a bonsai tree, house plant or flowers indoors or on a patio with the urn is easy and straightforward. The Living Urn’s website provides great information on this which can be found here: The Living Urn Indoors Frequently Asked Questions.