Newport Beach Ash Scattering Service
Captain Doug leads our Southern California scattering at sea services and takes great care with each and every memorial performed. He and his team are experienced at carefully handling a loved one's ashes and provide dignified and memorable unaccompanied and accompanied sea scattering services. Within 24 hours after ordering a scattering service, a team member will reach out to learn about any special requests for the scattering event.
This affordable package is popular among families who are interested in scattering their loved one's ashes on their own off the coast of Southern California (or other location of their choosing) and are interested in receiving assistance with this process. This Do-It-Yourself Package includes the following:
- Phone Consultation: 30 minute consultation with a trained funeral professional at a time convenient for you. Ask questions related to your urn, filling your urn, transporting the ashes, scattering locations, scattering techniques, etc.
- Permits & Approvals: advice on the approval process and assistance with obtaining approvals (as needed) for one or more specific locations you have in mind to scatter.
- Custom Pendant: This special vial can securely hold a portion of your loved one's ashes, or soil or water from the scattering location and includes your loved one's name, dates of birth and death, and a sentiment of choice or memorial GPS coordinates engraved on the side of the pendant.
- Ecorial App: Assistance with setting up a memorial on the Ecorial App and using the special features on the App to create a permanent record of your loved one's final resting place location(s).
- Certificate of Scattering: This framed certificate includes your loved one's name, dates of birth and death, resting place location, and scattering event date, time, and exact GPS coordinates.
- Eco Scattering Urn: an environmentally-friendly urn made entirely from bamboo, a sustainable resource; or
- Eco Water Urn: our proprietary eco-friendly urn that floats on top of the water before gracefully freeing the ashes below; or
- Flow, the Ice Urn: this stunning urn is made entirely from ice and floats beautifully on the water until releasing the remains
Unaccompanied Service Package
With this package, Captain Doug and his team takes your loved one’s ashes by boat to a place of your choosing off of Southern California to scatter (with the option to have it on the specific date). This package includes everything in the Do-It-Yourself Package above with the following additions:
- Unaccompanied scattering from our Newport Beach-based boat by one of our trained professionals
- Stamped and addressed custom box to securely mail your loved one's ashes to the location of your choice
- Photos & video of the scattering, including a video montage
Accompanied Service Package
With this package, you receive everything in the packages above with the following additions:
- Coordinate with family and friends to meet at the Newport Harbor to board the boat on the memorial date
- Personalized ceremony that includes the scattering of a loved one’s ashes
- Prayer, eulogy, song, etc.
- A ceremony guide
Upon ordering an Accompanied Service, our guide will contact you to coordinate the date/time of the scattering event, as well as work with you to personalize the event for your family and friends.
Standard Timing vs. Exact Date
- Standard timing (typically scatter within 30-90 days, pending seasonal considerations) - With this option we immediately start working on getting the necessary approvals for your loved one's scattering event, then our trained guide will make sure the weather is ideal before heading out to scatter. We will keep you updated along the way and provide an exact scattering date after the approvals are obtained.
- Exact date - Do want to have your loved one's ashes scattered on a special day (birthday, anniversary, etc.)? We can help! Once you select a special date, our guide in the area will reach out within 24 hours to confirm if we are able to gain all of the necessary approvals to be able to scatter on that date.
Contact us at (800) 495-7022, ext. 4