Off the Coast of Laniakea Beach (Turtle Beach)
Captain Johnny leads our Hawaii scattering at sea services and takes great care with each and every memorial performed. He and his team are experienced at carefully handling a loved one's ashes and provide dignified and memorable unaccompanied and accompanied sea scattering services.
Questions? Contact us at (800) 495-7022, ext. 0
Captain Johnny and his team takes your loved one’s ashes off the coast of the beautiful Laniakea Beach to scatter. This service includes:
- Stamped and addressed custom box to securely mail your loved one's ashes via Priority Mail Express to our Oahu office (up to a $150 value)
- Eco Scattering Urn or Eco Water Urn - environmentally-friendly options that make for a beautiful memorial event
- Permits and approvals
- Photos & video of the scattering
- Official permanent recording of the scattering, including the exact GPS coordinates and a date and time stamp (stored on our secure server)
- Certificate of scattering
- Online memorial on the Ecorial app and website (optional)
- Date of your choosing (optional)
Our Premium Accompanied Ash Scattering Service includes everything that is listed above and provided with the Unaccompanied Ash Scattering Service with the following additions:
- Coordinate and accompany family and friends to the scattering location
- Personalized ceremony that includes the scattering of a loved one’s ashes
- Prayer, eulogy, song, etc.
- A ceremony guide
- Video options available
Upon ordering an Accompanied Service, our guide will contact you to coordinate the date/time of the scattering event, as well as work with you to personalize the event for your family and friends.
Eco Scattering Urn - an all natural, eco-friendly urn made entirely from bamboo, a sustainable resource. This beautiful urn is the leading scattering urn of choice for funeral homes and provides for a dignified memorial.
Eco Water Urn - this special urn is 100% biodegradable and is made from recycled plant materials. It floats upright (like a buoy) for up to a few minutes, until the bottom separates and the ashes are freed in the water. It comes packaged in a sleek bamboo cylinder container, which helps to safely take the urn holding a loved one's ashes to that special place to scatter.
Flow, the Ice Urn (coming soon!) - a highly unique urn made entirely from ice. This stunning memorial urn floats gracefully on top of the water and gradually frees the remains of a loved one, returning the ashes to nature in the most ecologically pure way.
Standard Timing vs. Exact Date
- Standard timing (typically scatter within 30-60 days) - With this option we immediately start working on getting the necessary approvals for your loved one's scattering event, then our trained guide will make sure the weather is ideal before heading out to scatter. We will keep you updated along the way and provide an exact scattering date after the approvals are obtained.
- Exact date - Do want to have your loved one's ashes scattered on a special day (birthday, anniversary, etc.)? We can help! Once you select a special date, our guide in the area will reach out within 24 hours to confirm if we are able to gain all of the necessary approvals to be able to scatter on that date.