5 Reasons to Consider Getting Cremation Jewelry
Most of us have lost someone close at some point in life. When this happens, it’s natural to look to honor and remember them in a special way. One thing to consider that’s growing in popularity is cremation jewelry – it’s a type of jewelry or keepsake that is designed to hold a small amount of cremated ashes. These beautiful jewelry pieces can be worn as a way to keep the memory of a loved one close, or also be given as a gift to a family member or friend who has lost someone. Cremation jewelry comes in many different styles and shapes, and is typically either made from sterling silver, stainless steel, or gold.
Ordering cremation jewelry after a loved one’s final service offers many benefits. Some families prefer to keep the urns containing a loved one’s ashes in their homes. Other families choose to scatter or bury the ashes, or plant a tree with The Living Urn. More and more families these days are also opting for cremation jewelry and keeping a small portion of the ashes with them, or dividing them up among multiple family members or friends.
Below we outline five key benefits of cremation jewelry.
5 Compelling Reasons to Get Cremation Jewelry
- There are Plenty of Options - when it comes to cremation jewelry, there are hundreds if not thousands of good options for you to choose from. Cremation jewelry can look like other types of fine jewelry that you’re used to seeing in jewelry or department stores, however, these unique pieces include a compartment where you can place a small portion of a loved one’s (or pet’s) ashes. If you already wear jewelry on a daily basis, a piece of cremation jewelry can be easily added to your collection and be something filled with meaning and that you can wear with pride – many people won’t even know the jewelry piece is holding ashes. You can get a necklace, pendant, bracelet, ring, or watch. Before you make a decision on the type of cremation jewelry to buy, it’s important to review the different options that are available. Also, be sure to check reviews and make sure it’s a reputable company – there are many poor quality pieces available online that may not properly secure the ashes in the piece or may lack the quality you’re looking for.
- Uniqueness - when you choose cremation jewelry to honor a loved one, you’ll be able to make it as unique as you wish. You can get something very simple, or have a piece designed that personalized to your loved one. Many pieces also allow for personalization, including engravings or fingerprints on jewelry, something that will make it even more unique. If this is of interest, reach out to the company offering the cremation jewelry to see how they can help make the piece even more unique.
- Keeps their Memory Alive - many cremation jewelry pieces look like the typical jewelry you wear on a daily basis or for special occasions and most people won’t even know it’s holding ashes of your loved one. However, if you want them to know, you can show them the piece and explain what it is – a great way to reflect on and talk about your loved one to help keep their memory alive!
- Options at All Different Price Points - when it comes to cremation jewelry, you can choose a simple low-cost option, or you can spend hundreds or even thousands on a single piece. If you want a special piece of cremation jewelry, but don’t have a large amount budgeted for this, you can still find a really nice piece at a reasonable price or use a payment plan through websites like TheLivingUrn.com that offer Shop Pay or Affirm.. Don’t be shy about sharing your budget with the company offering the jewelry – they can typically help find you something nice that works with the amount you’re able or willing to spend.
- Keepsakes - another good reason to consider getting cremation jewelry is that this piece of jewelry will become a keepsake and will have sentimental value that goes way beyond the money you paid for it. Considering this, you’re piece of jewelry will make a perfect keepsake to keep in the family for many years to come – it can become a family heirloom that generations in the future will get to have and also learn about the meaning and person behind the piece.
Frequently Asked Questions Related to Cremation or Memorial Jewelry
How much does cremation jewelry cost?
The cost for cremation jewelry ranges from around $30 to well over $5,000. High quality sterling silver options typically start at $100 and stainless steel options at $50.
What kind of jewelry can you put ashes in?
Cremation jewelry provides a unique and personal way to memorialize a lost loved one. These small pendants, rings, or bracelets can be filled with a small amount of ashes.
Are there cremation jewelry options that don’t include ashes?
The short answer is yes! There are many other options available that don’t hold ashes but still honor a lost loved one – this includes fingerprint jewelry, engraved personalized jewelry, and coordinate jewelry, among many other options. In addition, you can still get a cremation jewelry piece intended to hold ashes, and simply not include any ashes inside.
How much does it cost to have ashes put in cremation jewelry?
Many families will simply fill their own cremation jewelry piece. Or, you can enlist your local funeral director to help who will typically do this at no charge. If you want the ashes to be part of a diamond, it can be upwards of $5,000, and if you want to have them infused into a glass keepsake piece, it can range from $200 to $500.
Is cremation jewelry waterproof?
Cremation jewelry (also referred to as memorial jewelry) is made from a variety of materials, including metals, glass, and wood. Because there are so many options and types of jewelry, it’s recommended to check with who produces or sells the piece to find out if it is waterproof.