The patent pending Eco Water Cremation Urn is designed to allow families to scatter ashes of a loved one in a water burial in the ocean, river, lake or the beach with dignity and ease. The Eco Water Urn comes packaged in a beautiful bamboo case, which serves to protect the water urn while it is stored and/or transported. It is also attractive display for a sea burial or ceremony.
How Eco Water™ works...
Once the Eco Water Urn is placed in the water, it will float upright with the top portion easily visible above the water. The proprietary urn is designed to float like an upright buoy for up to a few minutes (time depends on the weight and water conditions) after which the bottom portion submerged in water will begin to dissolve and release the cremated remains, freeing them to spread underwater. The remaining top portion may continue to be visible for a short time before sinking and dissolving out of sight.
Families have the option to write special messages on the surface of the Eco Water Urn with a marker. The Eco Water Urn can also be easily combined with a beautiful plant wreath or flower leis from your local florist which can fit nicely around the urn in the water. Another popular option is to simply spread flower petals in the water around the urn.
Preparing / Filling the Eco Water Urn
- Remove the Eco Water Urn from the bamboo case and completely remove the packaging from around the urn
- Next, place the funnel provided into the 2 inch diameter hole located at the top of the Eco Water Urn and transfer your loved ones cremated remains inside
- The Eco Water Urn can be used with up to one set of cremated remains. Once the remains are transferred in, check to see if the Eco Water Urn is at least about half full. If it is less than half full, simply add some sand from the beach/shore or fine pebbles until the urn is about 50 to 60% full to achieve the best upright floating positioning (Note: if the single set of cremated remains fills the Eco Water Urn more than half way, then that is perfectly fine)
- As a final step, remove the cap from the plastic bag and press it firmly into place over the hole on top of the urn so it is flush with the top part of the urn and so it completely seals the 2 inch diameter hole.
- Place the sealed Eco Water Urn back in the decorative bamboo urn case for safe keeping while it is stored or transported. Always keep it upright during transport
Placing the Eco Water Urn in a Body of Water
- Carefully lift the Eco Water Urn out from the bamboo case keeping the urn upright
- Write messages on the Urn if desired with a marker and or prepare any flower lei’s, wreaths or flower petals you plan to use in combination with the Eco Water Urn
- Lastly, gently place the urn upright in the water – over the next few minutes your loved one’s cremated remains will be completely freed into the water below
More About the Eco Water Urn
The patent pending Eco Water Urn is considered a water burial urn or a biodegradable water urn and has become one of the most popular options for sea burials. A water burial is a ceremony when families scatter ashes in water or scatter ashes in the ocean or scatter ashes in a river or scatter ashes in a lake. The Eco Water urn can be purchased here, or at funeral homes all over the United States as it has quickly become one of the most popular biodegradable urn for scattering ashes in water. Some people refer to it as a water urn pod for ashes or a sea burial. The Eco Water urn is completely unique and has some strong advantages compared with other biodegradable urns for water burials, other biodegradable urns used in burial at sea and other options for scattering remains in water. These other options include the biodegradable ashes pillow also known as the pillow water urn or the burial at sea pillow and the biodegradable turtle urn also known as the sea turtle cremation urn and the lily biodegradable urn among others.
So why is the patented Eco Water Urn different? First, it is shaped like a buoy and floats upright and is made from a special biodegradable material. The shape, design and the special biodegradable and all natural composition, made from plant derived materials, is completely unique and important for performance. These factors enable the Eco Water burial urn to float in a controlled manner and be visible to the family for a short period before breaking down and completely releasing and freeing the ashes in the water. As a result families can expect a smooth ceremony and predictable performance. The shape and special material are the key as the weight distribution allows the urn to float for one to two minutes after which the bottom will fall out releasing and completely freeing the cremated remains. Shortly thereafter, the top will break apart and sink. This gives families control and comfort knowing the ceremony will be beautiful and dignified.
The other products available for water burials including the ones listed above are shaped so that the weight of the cremated remains is distributed and spread out across a large surface area and as a result, the urn takes longer time period to break down which can make it a challenge for the family to know what to expect. It is not ideal to not know how long the urn will float and this can result in uncomfortable and awkward situations. Some other options like the sand urn and the salt urn will quickly sink and take a long time to biodegrade and release the cremated remains. Another feature of the Eco Water Urn is that families can write special notes to their loved on the urn with a regular marker. This is something that has become very popular with families. The Eco water urn also comes in a beautiful bamboo urn case which makes it easy, convenient and safe to transport the eco Water Urn to water burial site. Some of the other options, such as the ones listed above, are large and awkward to transport. The beautiful bamboo urn case is also a wonderful addition for ceremonies as the urn is displayed with a beautiful presentation and in a dignified manner. Also, with its buoy shape it is popular for families to combine wreaths and flower leis as they fit very nicely with the Eco Water Urn for their water burial ceremonies.